+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Midwest Fly Fishihg Magazine

Hybrid View

Default Midwest Fly Fishihg Magazine

I see where they are still listed as a sponsor. I thought that they were no longer publishing after Tom Hegelson's death. I went to their website and funny thing is you can still subscribe on line. Anyway I sent them an email and will see what happens. I sure do miss that magazine.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I sent an e-mail what seems like a year ago now asking about the magazine and they said they were going to continue it. I've not received it nor have I been contacted since. I understand that there has been a death, as you mentioned as well. But either refund me my multi year subscription or get the magazine going again. I'm not trying to sound cruel, it's not my intent, but it would sure be nice to be contacted by the magazine.

I loved the magazine. Good read.
    ~Lost Time is Never Found Again~

Hmmm... interesting. My wife thought she had gotten me a subscription to this for Christmas. Sounds like I won't be getting it. I think she signed up on-line and selected the "bill me later" option. It will be interesting to see if we hear back from them.
    Tim

I had a multi-year subscription when Tom died as well and was never contacted with an offer to refund or information about continuing the magazine. I did ask them about their plans at the Great Waters Expo in Blaine MN last spring and they were very vague.

I would think that FAOL would take them down as sponsors. Unless of course they are still being paid in which case there should be some notice on the link that they are no longer in production, instead of a link that takes you to their website. At least in tlerm's case his wife got him a subscription to a defunct magazine. Fortunately for them they did not pay for it up front.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

It is my understanding that Tom's son will be continuing the magazine. FYI, there are several Sponsors who are no longer with us, I haven't been able to get Ron Tidd to re-do that Sponsor page, it will be done eventually. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread