Quote Originally Posted by pittendrigh View Post
Willy is mostly a guide and instructor in summer. Spiritually anyway. In winter he's a cash register engineer at Bozeman's Troutfitters shop, where they have Edge Bright--largely because of Willy's influence. Fins and Feathers out in 4-corners has it too. For largely the same reason.

Extra bright flies really do seem to work extra-well in the cold water season. Not that they don't work well in summer too. But in winter they're a bit like magic. Give them a few days of fishing and see for yourself. I'm a believer....not a trace of doubt in my mind.

...Oh god. That's an annoying song from the 60s isn't it? But it's also a damn good fly.
Thanks for the info. I'm in PA for the winter, and wasn't sure where to find it here. I go to both of those fly shops you mentioned when we're in MT for the summer. However, I couldn't wait until then and found it on Ebay, so I bought a bunch of it.

You say it's a good winter fly, but there's a MT lake that we fish in the spring that has lots of Travelling Lake Sedges. I'm thinking Edge Bright might also make some interesting pupae imitations of those sedges.