+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many eat their trout?

Default How many eat their trout?

What I'm asking is who on occassion will take a trout home to eat? I notice many practice catch and release and haven't read anything about eating them. I'm new here so there may be a thread or two containing the topic that I haven't read, but I actually enjoy eating trout. That's not to say that I take every fish I catch home, I don't think that really helps fish populations, but occassionally I do.

-Pemi

Pemi-man, ...

First off, ... A Warm Welcome to you.

Next, ... we keep a trout or two every now and again. Not to fill the freezer ... one for the family is enough for a supper.

We only keep ones during the summer or late fall. If we can, ... males not females.

We have the option of C&BBq here, which, (imho) is good, 'cause a wounded trout can be kept, others can be released.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:3e4f2]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:3e4f2]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:3e4f2]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:3e4f2]

[This message has been edited by fcch (edited 18 May 2006).]
    Christopher Chin

When I was a kid, we used to go fishing on Saturdays. When we got home we would clean the fish and have fried trout, corn on the cob and hash browns, and eat it in the back yard picnic style. Then, listen to the baseball game on the radio. I don't much listen to ball games anymore, but I still enjoy fried trout, corn on the cob and hashbrowns. However, the fish only come from "Put & Take" lakes. There is something about enjoying the fruits of you endeavours.

------------------
    Life, is the time He gave you to determine where you want to spend eternity.
    ----------
    Lotech Joe
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

On rare occassion i will keep one or two, but that usually only happens when fishing with the kids and even then it is only about 10% of the time.

I usually convince them to throw it back so we can catch it again sometime.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

On occasion I will keep one for myself if I am out camping. But most will go back into the water to be caught another day.

Rocky

For NO particilarly noble reason, I don't keep any trout I catch. I simply don't like the taste. In fact, the only freshwater fish I do eat is walleye and I buy those.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Pretty much like everyone else, I'll take home 1 or 2 once in a while, but usually leave them to be caught another day.
    CJ

------------------
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

You bet I do. I like the taste of fish better than any other meat. I eat fish 3 or 4 times a week.

I don't save large bass for obvious reasons nor do I save trout that are freshly planted - they are tasteless.

Last night I dined on fresh bluegill and crappie.

Do I fell guilty - No not a bit.

Tim Anderson

Yep, we eat trout at my house.

Ed

Oh yeah. Trout preferably wild, black bass, sandie, striper, or crappie, I'll occasionally keep a mess of each. To me there is a God given instinct about taking your bounty, be it fish or other game, home and feeding your family. Not on every trip, but, as Lotech said it is good every now and then to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
    On the flip side of it, I have no problems with the C&Rer's among us.....some just like to fish and choose not to keep. Personal preference.

+ Reply to Thread