Thread: Simms vs. Patagonia

Threaded View

Like I said I have been wearing my Simms Classic Guides since 2002 or 2003. Just know that I have put some miles on them and alot of them were all day events sometimes several in a row. I have just been reading mixed reviews about Simms waders lately that have made me think of purchasing or trying other brands. Paying a significant amount for waders and then having them leak after a few years wont cut it for me. I treat my gear well but by no means do I hold back when on the water. Like I said prior 30-35 days fishing maybe, the guys that are having their high dollar Simms waders leak after a season or 2 must be tearing them up streamside. Or at least that is the only logical answer I can think of. Maybe I have been spoiled with absolutely no leaks or issues with a pair of their waders but am definitely looking out for my dollar and want to spend it wisely.

Yes I do agree about the fit of Simms they are comfy. I have also owned big box store waders and probably lost 5-10lbs sweating my !@# off in them in the dead of summer. Gortex is definitely a great material. As far as the Simms return policy I have never used it (lucky), but I have heard from others that they do charge for returning them for warranty issues.

Thanks for the replies,
    Richard
    Last edited by FIREMAN; 12-27-2011 at 09:20 PM.