Ok. Xmas is over and there is some extra cash laying around for a new pair of waders. Ive been wearing Simms Classic Guides since 2002 or 2003 with out any problems (yes literally no problems). Ive put some hard miles on them from the Sierra Nevadas in CA to the Midwest where I currently reside. Wanted to get peoples opinions on Simms vs. Patagonia. Ive heard good things about Patagonia and we have all heard good things about Simms. Ya I know they all leak at some point. But recently I have looked up reviews of the 2 companies and there has been some negatives about Simms G3's and G4's leaking after a couple of years or minimal use. I can understand if you are a guide and putting 100 + days on the water a year but for us 30 a year day folks I just cant fathom it.

Would like to know peoples opinions through their own experiences with these two companies. Like Days fished, waders you wear etc... Im looking to buy either the G3's or G4's and also throwing around the idea of Patagonias top of the line wader.

Thanks,
Richard