+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renzetti Presentation 2000

Hybrid View

Default Renzetti Presentation 2000

Anyone have any experience with the Renzetti Presentation 2000 Vise. Am looking at getting 1.

Wayne
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

My neighbor replaced his Traveller with a Presentation; he's an excellent tyer and loves it. I was the lucky recipient of the Traveller.

Regards,
    Scott

Had one --sold it.base was to light and too many adjustments.Buy a regal,simplicity is wonderful!!!!

While I really like my Traveler (aka 2200), I like hook549 thought the 2200 had too many adjustments, and never picked one up. Personally I don't see the Regal as a reasonable substitute, although I have one and enjoy tying large flies on it. I would lean more towards the Traveler or spend a few more bucks and get a Presentation 4000. The 4000 is pricey, but it'll probably be the last vise you buy. Best of luck.

Too many adjustments? Most of the adjustable parts are set and forget making it versatile without being overly complicated. Never had a problem with the base being too light. I also like it over the 4000 as it has the adjustable arm. I've had mine for about 5 years now without any issues.

On saying that though, buying a vice is a very personal decision and in addition to price, finish, features, etc, one must not forget that it must fit you and your tying style. While one could tie on most anything, it must be comfortable to you enabling you to get more enjoyment when you tie. I highly suggest that you find someplace that has a variety of vices and try them all out before you decide which to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by MTWFF View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Renzetti Presentation 2000 Vise. Am looking at getting 1.

Wayne
    Wayne, I have one...bought it on this site. I wanted one specifically so I could get the jaws' axis of rotation exactly even with the hook shank. No complaints on the Seller, but the adjustment nearest the vise's jaws is impossible to get really tight. It moves, and I'm never tying anything bigger than a sz 10. If I snug it up any more I'll either strip the head of the allen head screw, or break the vise arm itself... I've written to Renzetti about the problem twice via the "Contact Us" area of their website, but have never received any response whatsoever. So, I can't recommend it. I also contacted Renzetti a third time, about a particular part for a Traveler that I have. Never heard back on that one, either. So across a two-year span, my own experience is that Renzetti's customer service via their website is awful. I'd bet that others will laud Renzetti's customer service. If so, I'd love to know how they get a response.
    Whether you think you can, or think you cannot, you're probably right.
    --Author unknown

Their customer service seems to run the gamut from great to awful. Have you tried phoning them? I've been lucky with my Traveller; the the only problem I've had (blown O-ring) was fixed by a trip to the hardware store.

Regards,
    Scott

If you decide to call, specifically ask for ANDY. His wife, Lily is less than helpful at any time. I do not say that to be mean, just experience.
    LF

Default Presentation 2000

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Presentation 2000. Given that it has a base almost twice the size of the Traveler I hope it will take care of the stability issues.

Wayne
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

Had one for awhile, I had a love and hate relationship with it. The pivot arm could never stay put and then if tried to tighten the allen head bolt then it would blow out. Kinda irked me especially on bigger flies. I went back to my HMH and DK Barracuda.

+ Reply to Thread