+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Houma La

Default Houma La

Has anyone been to Houma La for Red fish.
    Lots of guides available but the want $500. a day.

That is pretty much the average going rate for a full day saltwater charter these days all along the Gulf and Southeast Atlantic coasts. The range is $400-600, but about 95% fall within $450-550. That will cover 2-3 anglers, ice, water, bait, all tackle, licenses (in most cases), and 8 hours on the water. Some charters offer "value added" items such as lunch, snacks, 8 fishing hours instead of counting transit time, etc. Some even offer "no catch = no pay" guarantees. But $500 is going to change hands - one way or another.

Last edited by narcodog; 12-25-2011 at 07:37 PM.

I've been out with Dan Ayo. He's good.

http://www.flyfishlouisiana.com/

I too have fished with Captain Ayo many times... He's great! Years ago, when Danny would attend and speak at FFF-SEC Conclaves the room would be packed... the floors were full, the isles were full, and there were folks out in the hall trying to just hear him speak... (I was sitting on the floor!).

Danny's always liked to show folks "his marsh"... meaning that his favorite clients are those whom he gets to show the beauty of south Louisiana marsh for their first time. He loves this place and so will you when ya' spend a day with Danny!

Bowfin47
    Last edited by bowfin47; 12-27-2011 at 10:29 PM.

I've never fished the salt or hired a salt guide, but $500 doesn't seem to me like a lot of money for a guide. Most trout guides charge about that for a full day on the river. I paid that for a full day on the Yellowstone two years ago.
    Just thinkin'
    Bruce

$500.00 is not too much considering the amount of fuel they burn to put you on the fish.

$500 a day for 5 days is just too much for me.

One also has to understand that to guide as a "captain" in Louisiana, that individual must be "licensed" as such by the US Coast Guard, which is not an easy certification to acquire...

I'm not lookin' to cause trouble, but what sort of certifications does it take to float down a Montana river?

Bowfin47
    In Arkansas, all it take to be a river guide is $25.00
    We know who the good guides are.

+ Reply to Thread