+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Input Trout Fishing Tennessee Smoky Mountains

Hybrid View

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Default Need Input Trout Fishing Tennessee Smoky Mountains

I'm in the beginning stages of planing a fishing trip to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee scheduled for the 17th to the 24th of May . I have never fished in this area and I am needing input on places to camp and fish. My cousin and his buddies are coming down from Pennsylvania and I am heading out from Missouri. We would like to find a place not so crowded off the beaten track. Any of you guys from Tennessee have any suggestions?

If you're going to be on the TN side of thepark i'd reccommend checking out the littleriveroutfitters.com. its a great fly shop in townshend. Litterally minutes from the park. They call it the quiet side of the smokies. Very nice little town. In fact me and the wife have said that when we go back to the mountains that's where we're going. Its also only 30 minutes or so from pigeon forge if you decide you want to go and see the not so quiet side. In october of 2010 some of us from FAOL met there for a "gathering". I'm sure some more on here will be along directly with some advice. Hope this helps!
    hNt
    PS. The water is clear as crystal. You'll need to be very sneaky and quiet to catch anything. Maybe like a ninja. Of course my big clumsy but didn't even get a bite
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

The Trout Fest in Townsend, TN begins May 18th so the Little River will be fairly empty. Contact littleriveroutfitters.com in townsend for more information. Thier message board also posts a daily fishing report.
    Yellow Sally's for that time of year. I'll see what else I can dig up for you.

Here is, in my opinion, the ONLY place to stay in Townsend. This motel is located right on the banks of the Little River and has private access for the guests to the Little River. Very clean, very quiet and very reasonable on cost. I plan to be there for Trout Fest and can hardly wait.....

http://www.docksmotel.com/
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Easier access to the park also fromt he Townsend end. As a side note, there used to be a gift type shop just south of Townsend on the northbound side of the road...looked like a red barn. Anywho, they make a dynamite fried apple pie! Worth the trip.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

To fish in GSNP you only need a TN or NC license. The NC non-resident license is considerably cheaper!! Here's a link to Cherokee and what looks like some good fishing. I want to try it the next time I'm over there.
    http://www.cherokee-nc.com/index.php?page=1

There are 2 campgrounds in Townsend with all the amenities. KOA and Tremont.

Blog Entries

Bummer! The KS fish-in falls on May 18-20. I'll mess seeing you there this year if you don't make it.
    I have a feeling that you will have a good time whereever you end up fishing, though.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

+ Reply to Thread