Thread: where does it go from here?

Threaded View

Default where does it go from here?

"Watson, come here. I need you. " Hearing these words I grabbed the landing net and hurried down the bank as rapidly as I could. Holmes was struggling with a trout of monstrous proportions and clearly his fine silk leader would not suffice much longer. Placing the net in the water I stretched toward the thrashing fish as Holmes guided it into the net. With effort and a sharp twinge in my old war injuries I lifted the big brown trout and laid him in the bankside grass.
    "Goodness Holmes," I said, " That must be the biggest trout I've ever seen. How did you catch him when all I've seen here are small fish??
    "Elementary, my dear Watson," he replied as he deftly lifted the trout and struck it neatly behind the head with a heavy priest. "I sifted the grass hanging in the water and found these small brown bugs trapped in them. I deduced that the trout would be accustomed to eating them. Since none of the flies we were sold looked like them I tore most of the feathers off of the hook leaving only these few fibers at the head to be the legs. I then cast it out as far upstream as I could and let it drift to the back of the hole. You can see the result. I fear that it was a mistake as anyone watching will now expect us to move on from this spot . We are going to lose the best vantage for watching the fields where his lordship is losing horses. We may as well give up this pretense of fishing and cut through the pasture to the inn. Perhaps we'll see something of interest ."
    Last edited by rainbowchaser; 12-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.