We normally get up around here at about 4am. The wife's new job takes her over an hour and a half commute time, at least for now, in about 6 months or so she'll be fully trained and get to do it all from home on computer. Anyway, today being Saturday we turned alarms off and tried to sleep late, but we forgot to explain that to the Guard Kitty and by 4:30 she was doing laps around the house and we were awake. We tried to be lazy and go back to sleep but the kitty would have none of that. So I began to think about what slingpack I really wanted. I've done a ton of research and of course FAOL has been a great help. I had finally 99% decided on the William Joseph Equinox Sling pack. (Somewhere I read it had been discontinued, but I found some on sale at Sierra Trading Post so if you want one you better hurry)

Then it happened. AJ, my little 7 year old son, my most favorite number 1 fishing buddy, came and crawled up in bed with us. He said he had a bad dream. As he lay there between us I suddenly realized that in most of my fishing trips, I wasn't alone. There were normally 2 bottles of water, some snacks and one box of hooks, tube jigs and floats that came with us. Suddenly I realized that a minimalist sling pack just wasn't going to cut it. I had even PMed Fly Goddess and found out that the back part of the WJ slingpack would hold a light jacket, but I'll bet it won't hold 2 of them. I've no lie to tell anyone, I felt like I had been very selfish even considering such a small pack. It breaks my heart to realize that one day in the near future, I'll probably be gonig on my own more than with him. But till then I'm going to go with him as much as possible, even if I need a pack that will bring everything plus the kitchen sink.

I can't thank everyone enough for all of your help. FAOL is the greatest website, because the people here actually care and want to help one another. It's rare, and it is greatly treasured, by me at least.

I'm thinking the William Joseph Old School Satchel will fill my needs. It'll be cooler than a vest. It may cost a little more, but considering the memories that it'll be helping to make it'll be a bargain. Plus I'm pretty sure it'll be big enough for 2 light jackets, 2 waterbottles and a fly box and small tackle box. If it's not, I'll just have to try something else. Besides it just looks pretty cool to me too.

thanks for all of your help,
Jason

PS Merry Christmas to all of you.