+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feather heads...

Hybrid View

Default Feather heads...

Is this done yet? Haven't heard a mention in quite awhile. Haven't seen any in months, although the trend never seemed to get really big in Chicago.

I seen some sort of feather head extension things on sale at walmart. So I'm afraid its probably not over
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

I saw a box a CVS with feather for the hair. It included some pheasant tail and feathers.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

When you start seeing fashion stuff at places like CVS, if the trend is not over, it is on its last legs.

Have observed a general rise in popularity of feather earrings here in the west. The potential problem with this trend is that instead of just using dry fly hackle, they can use any feather from nearly any bird. Not sure how popular this will truly be, but the feather shortage could get a lot worse if this trend takes off.

I don't think so. By watching Ebay there are still some big prices on certain colors. I think what is happening and I do have some information on this is that the folks that supply beauty salons have developed their sources. Whiting has started to distribute their beauty packs that are pre dyed and wholesale for about $24.00.

According to my wife's hairdresser, the fad is over here in my corner of The Island Nation. My job now is to visit the beauty shops and pick up the left over feathers for a song!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by whatfly View Post
    Have observed a general rise in popularity of feather earrings here in the west. The potential problem with this trend is that instead of just using dry fly hackle, they can use any feather from nearly any bird. Not sure how popular this will truly be, but the feather shortage could get a lot worse if this trend takes off.
    Feather earrings have been around for a coons age. I doubt they'll use saddle hackle (my favorite) for this, and stick with the strung type stuff.

+ Reply to Thread