+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THE STONE ON MY DESK - Native Waters - Dec 05, 2011

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default THE STONE ON MY DESK - Native Waters - Dec 05, 2011

THE STONE ON MY DESK

On my desk, at this little small town daily newspaper by which I've made my living for more years than I care to admit, are notes from city council and port commission meetings, police reports, phone books, press releases.

There are a couple coffee cups and drink can insulators. One says "a bad day fishing is better than a good day working." The other is some financial company propaganda.

"THE STONE ON MY DESK" was a pure joy to read and, in my opinion, very well written. I could feel the writer's feelings as I read it.

Thanks so much for sharing it here. I was "touched" by it....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I have lost many friends, who died too early in life. Some due to accidents, some to illness, and other by their own hand.

All are missed! All are remembered.

Sometimes they are remembered by the good deeds they did for others, other times they are membered for the good laughs they share about their own foible's. Any which way, they made my life better by also being in mine.

They were my friends, and I was their's!

My closing line on the Bulletin Board message, says it all..... ~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Hey Cuz,

Took me some time to respond after reading this. Sure glad you have that stone.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

About 10 years ago, one of my best friends died. He was yellow, outgoing and infinitely trainable. He was my wife and I's first dog, and our baby. We got him at 10 weeks and he was the runt of 8 and the only male. He loved to hunt. He was 2 and it was an accident, he tied himself up in his lead and choked. I wept openly as I laid him to rest wrapped in his "car blanket" with his favorite baby. I found myself struggling with my beliefs. I prayed for a sign. One that would be undenyable, one that could not be confused in the trappings of everyday life. With no sign, I picked up the shovel to begin covering him up. There under the shovel on the pile of dirt, clean as if it did not just come from the last spade I had turned was a white arrowhead. I carried it for a long time, and when I was ready I put it in a small pouch in the headboard of my bed. 2 years ago My wife and I lost our second dog. It was cancer. He was only 4, yellow and reserved for a Lab. He had spent the first 9 months of his short life at a puppy mill in a kennel with little human contact. The previous owner dropped him at the local pound when he got too big to sell. Again I carried the arrowhead, without any questions of my faith. Thanks for reminding me of this. I will carry the arrowhead today. Luke
    Separate your observations from your preconceptions. See what is, not what you expect.

Thank you , Roger. It is good to read your words again.
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread