+ Reply to Thread

Thread: D.E.A. Launders Mexican Profits of Drug Cartels

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default D.E.A. Launders Mexican Profits of Drug Cartels

Check out this story at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/wo...mc=rss&src=igw

I couldn't believe it. So what's next? Is the DEA going to start selling drugs on the street to learn how the system works? And would you get a discount from buying from a government agent?

If you become the thing that you are fighting, then you've lost the fight....

First it's Fast and Furious, now it's this. Kind of makes you wonder just how we intend to win a war on drugs when we supply them the guns and launder the money. And they use our tax dollars to do it all.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Let's floridate the masses.Insanity

I want you all to think damned hard about this comment. What if one of these guys working undercover on this was your family member???

As much as you complained above - If you put this scenario in play you'd all be bitching and gripeing that these reporters just put your family member in grave danger, and if their real identities were discovered their families, and you all know the cartels don't care who they kill. These guys are putting their lives on the line daily trying to make a difference.

And YES I know there's some rotten apples in the barrel where the temptation gets to be too much.

And NO I didn't like the Fast and Furious operation. It was an investigative tool that TOTALLY BACKFIRED

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

So, you're saying it's OK for the DEA to launder drug-money, and that we shouldn't have freedom of the press?
    And what if one of the agents was my family member? That is irrelevant. That's like saying "What if some of the military personnel in Iraq were your family members?" Well, two of them are, and I still protest the war. I'm a combat vet myself. What does that have to do with anything? Wrong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I want you all to think damned hard about this comment. What if one of these guys working undercover on this was your family member???

As much as you complained above - If you put this scenario in play you'd all be bitching and gripeing that these reporters just put your family member in grave danger, and if their real identities were discovered their families, and you all know the cartels don't care who they kill. These guys are putting their lives on the line daily trying to make a difference.

And YES I know there's some rotten apples in the barrel where the temptation gets to be too much.

And NO I didn't like the Fast and Furious operation. It was an investigative tool that TOTALLY BACKFIRED

You got a better idea on how to get close to the big wigs of the cartels to take them down????? Want to invade and just call in Air to blow away the country side to deny them using it for growing?? If the money laundering is wrong then what about local cops all over the US who go undercover and spend months making drug buys until they can make a bust, that's our tax money too.

"What if some of the military personnel in Iraq were your family members?" Well, two of them are, and I still protest the war. I'm a combat vet myself. What does that have to do with anything? Wrong is wrong.
    Our Military Men and Women are going to war totally in the open. They are not undercover agents. I also have family in Iraq and Afganistan and yes I'm a vet and yes I disagree with the wars, I didn't believe we should have gone into either one of them.- Totally different

+ Reply to Thread