+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dubbing Storage

Default Dubbing Storage

Dubbing is great! And being that it is one of those common things (and inexpensive) that you can find in every shop, I seem to accumulate more on each visit.

I'd like to have a really nice way to store my dubbing and am looking for suggestions. I know ziploc bags and a rubbermaid container are always the 'norm' but I think I want something along the lines of the Fly Rite dubbing portfolio. Does anyone use something similar or something I'm not thinking of?

What do any of you guys/gals use?

Derrick

Small photo album case. It's about 6 x 6 x 1-1/2. It has 48(?) photo sleeves and I place each dubbing zip lock bag into one sleeve. Cheap ($1.00) too! Of course I need 2 of them. Now if you want a dubbing holder for a travel kit, just get a 50 bullet plastic box. Larger caliber, larger compartments. The one I have is a 45. It's the size of a fly box and will hold more dubbing per bullet compartment than you may think.

Allan

Pegboard on the back of a door...

If you're looking for ease of use when traveling, I use a 3-ring binder with pages that were sold as "slide projector slide protector sheets" with individual pockets for each slide. I'd keep majority of the dubbing in its ziploc-style bag and take a small sample of it to go into the 3-ring binder sheet. Restock the sheets as necessary. It is great for travel, but if you are looking for a single storage location, this may not be for you - you can only store so much dubbing in those slide pockets before it starts to fall out and get ugly.
    Just my experience - your results may vary
    Let us know what you do decide to go with, and how it works for you.
    -Pete

Hollow polycarbonate roofing. Cut a plate in pieces of 5 x 7"and fill the channels with dubbing. Can post a pix if you're interested

Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

AlanB Guest

One of the business card folders works well. You can get about a standard pack of dubbing in each compartment. For my travel kit I use drinking straws, the plastic ones. Cut to about 3 inches, hold one end in pliers and seal with a flame. You'd be amazed how much they hold. When full just tape them together into a packet.
    Cheers,
    A.

I use plastic boxes I got from the craft section at walmart. It is one plastic box with 24 smaller tic tac size boxes inside. All for around $5. Good luck.

Go catch a fish,
    Gary

All good ideas! And some unique ones! Thanks for the responses.
    Derrick

+ Reply to Thread