Hi folks, RW here,

Got myself a new pair of waist-hi waders and wading boots today. Aqua-stealth soles. Cut a dashing figure if I do say so myself. I've been fishing in just hip-boots for a long time
since watching a friend almost drown many years ago in waders and a fast current on Kettle Creek in Pennsylvania. I participated in his rescue and the whole event scared the heII out of me; enough so that I tossed my waders and haven't fished in a pair since. Hippers force me to stay in a sane depth of water.

I'm gettin too old to stay on my feet for 10 or 12 hours a day like I used to and like to sit on a wet stump or the stream bank once in awhile during the day so I indulged in a pair of waste-hi's so I can sit down anywhere I want without gettin a wet arse.

Question is: Who owns a pair of these half-waders and what do they think of them?
I didn't get them to go deeper. I only got them for the above stated reason. Oh, and I like the idea that my rain jacket goes down far enough to keep me entirely dry in a shower. What say you about them? I haven't used them yet but plan to at the Roscoe fish-in.

Later, RW

------------------
"Maybe your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed." <John Gierach>