+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm from _____________ and this is what is great about my _______________ .

Born in Virginia. Grew up in Virginia. Went to school in Virginia. Worked in Virginia. Retired in Virginia. Sounds kinda boring and one track.
    But--I have fished in most states on the east coast along with Wyoming, Colorado, and Montana. So I haven't been in Va. all my life, just most of it.

George

I'm from Idaho too. We got spuds. Nuthin' else here!
    They're just fish, right? Right?

I was born in Scotland, I was a away for a while, the Queen decided she needed me in her Air Force,
    then I lived in foreign parts for a while, London, but I moved back and now I am retired in Scotland,
    it can be a bit unpleasant in winter but it is still the 'hame' country.
    I do feel sorry for everybody else who is not Scots.
    And you apologise for talking funny

Nothin wrong with a good spud.
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

I live in Illinois, nuff said.

Mark

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

i was born and raised and live in SW PA, as we call it from the burgh. what id great about PA is you are within an hour of anything you want to do outdoors, even if you're from the east side, phily. i like the variety of being able to fish for trout, bass, walleye, muskie, steelies, carp, cats; hunt for deer, turkey, bear, grouse, pheasant, squirrle. we can drive to the ocean or canada in half a day. the weather is ok but atleast we don't have to deal with tornados, hurricanes, quakes or floods to any extent. i've been to the rockies, black hills and pacific coast ranges, and the pine forests of sub-artic canada and love them all tremendously. i've also been to the west coast in CA & OR and love them too. but my heart is in the rolling hills and low mountains of PA where i have 4 seasons and friendly people. however, SW ID my yet call me.

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    I'm from Washington. The state. With the exception of Hawaii, Washington is the smallest state west of the Mississippi River, and the most populated per square mile. We have mountains, glaciers, alpine lakes, streams, rivers, plains & deserts. We have moose, elk, deer, alpine caribou, grizzly bears, black bears, eagles, pheasants, grouse, partridge, quail & doves. We have rattle snakes, coyotes, beavers, otters & pine martens. We also have Boeing, Microsoft, Kaiser Aluminum & Starbucks. We have some of the most fertile farm land in America that can raise wheat, barley, oats, peas, lentils, rape seed (Canola), and blue grass. We have world class ski resorts, back packing, mountaineering, camping, snow shoeing and cross country skiing. We have some of the best fishing in the world from salt water to lowland lakes and high mountain streams. We also have lots of the America's largest fresh water fish (white sturgeon). We have 4 seasons including cold and snowy winters, refreshing springs, hot summers & colorful autumns. And most of all, we have friendly people.
    I'm from Washington also. I left 25 years ago and have lived in Colorado, Texas. Arizona, and currently reside in Missouri. I agree with your post except one thing you forgot. To many Californians in Washington. Not a good thing LOL!

+ Reply to Thread