Quote Originally Posted by jszymczyk View Post
I guess I'm the only one who finds this crap about rod designations and line weights just a little bit insane. If a rod has a sticker on it that says "6 weight" but it actually performs better with a 7 weight line, then it's a 7 weight rod. I fished a GPX 5 WF on my 5 wt rod and found it to perform for me somewhat nicer than the "regular" 5 wt line I had. Then I tried a normal 6 wt WF and found the rod really came alive. SO, it is a 6 wt regardless of the printing. On my 3 wt, a 3 wt double taper works most excellently. A WF not as good... then I realized what the hell does a WF on a 3 weight do for anyone? Nothing.

We REALLY REALLY overcomplicate this stuff for ourselves.
You really bring up a lot of good points in your post, thanks for the enlightenment. Marketing+choices+modern technology = confusion

After more thought, perhaps the best advice I could offer would be to contact Loop, a Loop Dealer or perhaps the fly shop where you purchased the rod and ask them for line recommendations? Loop has a good following here in the States, but it seems to be more limited than some of the larger players.