today at 10:30am I was informed that my friend, fellow Veteran, vet of the war in Iraq and coworker had overdosed on his meds and died. I am told that he knew what he was doing and refused medical treatment but details are sketchy right now. Bill Reichwine was a Soldier in the 82nd Airborne deployed to Iraq in as part of the spearhead of the initial thrust through the country.

Bill was badly wounded when the truck in front of him was struck by an RPG (rocket propelled grenade). He suffered multiple shrapnel wounds along with massive closed head trauma. Bill was slowly regaining the memories of what happened to him over there. He saw the men in that truck blown to bits just before he went unconscious. Bill recently finally been able to open up to myself and other vets who help one another.The VA answer was to give a desperately depressed man with document drug and alcohol problems more pills to take then send him home time after time.

Recently bill suffered a set back due to some other influences like family matters and some jerks at work. I discovered this when I saw him chewing up his pills or grinding them into a powder before taking the drug. The added pressures had brought back the PTSD flashbacks and nightmares. He was 100% disabled but the VA refused further help. I thought he was improved a bit over the last few days. Now I realize that he had made a decision. He must have decided to end the horrors himself. He left behind a fiance, a daughter along with parents and such.

I am really so down tonight. I must go to work tomorrow because the mission goes on and military personnel continue the fight to victory without stopping after a comrade has fallen. United we stand, Divided we fall. Bill wouldn't have it any other way either. We also fond out that the husband of our freight tech has just days at the most to live. they have kids too. I have to go now as my heart is shattered and I am fighting mighty hard to hold back the tears.

To anyone here that suffers from PTSD don't hold it in. PM box is always open. You are not alone.

Lord give me strength as tomorrow will be rough.