+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Health Care professionals during the holidays

Default Health Care professionals during the holidays

This is totally selfish on my part as I am a health care professional. But please make an extra effort to thank your health care professionals and all the employees over the holidays. They want to be home with family as much as you do but they are there, working because illnesses are rampant during the holidays and moreover many of you wait until now to be seen because you want to do it when you are off. Many people are stressed over the holidays and come in, in ill moods and treat health care professionals rudely. Please don't do that. They have to work during this time and have no choice in the matter.
    Please be courteous and more over......THANK THEM for being there while everyone else is off having fun. Think of them as you would our military personnel and thank them for their service to you!!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Nicely written and oh so true!

It wouldn't hurt to just THANK them for being there when we need them - not just on holidays. I didn't give a lot of thought to how I was going to manage my health care with my doctor 1,800 miles north. Little things like prescriptions which cannot be phoned or faxed, blood tests that need 'orders'. Someone new on the front desk can throw your whole system out of order, I'm grateful they all put up with me! A little gratitude goes a long way. *S*

Could not have said that better. While we are supposed to be professional and treat everyone the same, we are people and have feelings. Those that are nice get nice back. Those that aren't, well they might get an order for a rectal exam j/k of course. Maybe.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

My brother in law has been with Baptist Healthcare Memphis as a respiratory therapist for over 40 years. He missed many Christmas days, Thanksgiving Days because it was his shift at the hospital. He is trying to figure away to retire, he told me it's not any fun anymore. You spend all your time working with a computer, not the patient. His son is a RN there now.

My wife had a home care nurse and phys therapist visit her today. Both very nice ladies getting her back to something resembling normal after getting her new nylon stainless hip joint.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread