+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Magic of Bamboo

Default The Magic of Bamboo

This book is dedicated to Hanno Jenkins who has Cancer of the spine and kidney. Hanno did not have health insurance to cover these conditions and a raffle of some very expensive tackle was held in Lyons CO to help defray some of the out of pocket expenses associated with this, during the surgery on his spine three disks disintegrated and he needed to fitted with a titanium tube to hod his spine together. The next surgery will be to remove his effected kidney.

Although the outlook is not positive at this point he is responding well to radiation therapy and chemotherapy is in his immediate future. The Jenkins have secured insurance that will help more but the continued out of pocket expenses will still be quite staggering.

My publisher, Dr. Todd Larson of Whitefish Press, has donated the cost of having the book "The Magic of Bamboo" published and the release date will be on or around Dec. 14. All of the authors, myself included, have donated the stories for the book and the entire proceeds from the sale of the book will go to Hanno Jenkins for his medical expenses. If you can find it in your heart to help by buying the book it would be most appreciated, thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Link to the book is http://www.whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=138

Very nice thing to do, thanks for letting us know.
    LF

I can't think of a better person in the world of bamboo rods than Kathy Jensen.
    Some of you may know her as "Pink Panther" on the Classic Fly Rod Forum.
    It is always a great pleasure to speak with her at South Creek Ltd. in Lyons, one of the great
    bamboo rod shops in the world.....Mike Clark, Maker.

I have never met or spoken with her husband Hanno.
    I can only assume if he is married to Kathy he is a great guy!
    My thoughts and prayers go out to them both and I will most certainly be purchasing
    the book to help and honor them!! If you can find it in your heart and pocketbook, I would
    pray you do the same.

God Bless!

Bob Goins
    Last edited by bobbyg; 12-13-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

+ Reply to Thread