I put mine in the back of my Ford Escape, and tie down the rear door. To mount it on top, which I have done, is a two man job INHO. The cart accesory makes it really EZ to load and unload in the cargo area. I took a tarp with me at first to minimize the mess, but the front of the nucanoe doesnt get dirty, it rides high. The cargo area of my Escape has one of those plastic mats, it sometimes gets a little sand/dirt on it, but I just pull it out and shake it off. I slide the bow right up between the two front seat backs, bunge cord it in, then tie down the rear door. I stick a red flag thru the hole in the stern, and I'm ready to go in a minute or two. I have had it on the interstate 70+ mph, no problems. I'm sure I use the Nucanoe more often because it is so easy to handle loading and unloading. As far as getting in and out of the Nucanoe itself, I step into it and sit in a boat seat I mounted on the swivel mount. To get out, I put both feet on one side, the Nucanoe tilts (but doesnt turn over), and I stand up. You get a little water inside sometimes but this doesnt bother anything.