+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nucanoe

Default nucanoe

Arrow Follow the link ...

... to a recent thread started by Warren.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...Frontier!!!WOW

Warren has been using these Nucanoes for years and has posted a number of favorable reviews. His thread has a link to the Nucanoe website.

John
    The fish are always right.

As John has stated, I have been using a 10' NuCanoe for over 3 years and I feel they are great. The new Frontier 12 is one fantastic boat! They have taken all the suggestions for improvement from NuCanoe owners and put them in the Frontier 12 and made a great boat better. I have already committed to purchasing a Frontier 12 as soon as they are released for sale. The main thing you need to remember is that the NuCanoe is not a kayak and it is not a canoe. It is a cross of both of them. The NuCanoe will not turn over. It will lean over and dump you if you lose your balance, but, it will not turn completely over. You can fill it with water and still paddle it to shore. You can install swivel seats and you have more room and freedom of movement in it. The NuCanoe paddles as easily as a kayak but provides more you more room to move around in it. You are not confined to one sitting position. You can stand up in it if you prefer. You have more storage area in the NuCanoe. The NuCanoe is a fishing machine not a weekend run the rapids with your friends boat. Please watch all the videos on the link I am providing to see how stable this Frontier 12 is.

I love my NuCanoe and use it for what it was created for and that is to fish out of it and be able to access areas on a river or lake that other boats cannot get to. Please view the following link:

http://www.nucanoe.com/frontier/videos/
    Last edited by WarrenP; 11-22-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I wish people would quit bringing this up!!

If you guys don't knock it off it's going to cost me, cause I WANT ONE !!!! It's a great boat and I just purchased a new car that can handle a roof rack -> so now I can can carry one. I just know I don't have the patience to wait till the money is in the savings like I should!
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Thank you looks like I may have to jump on one

I just wish Warren would quit being wishy-washy and make up his mind about how he really feels about NuCanoes. I just hope no one ever confronts him and make him choose between his NuCanoe and his wife. He will have to think about it long enough that he will be spending the next month sleeping up the street at Jack's.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 11-22-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: correct poor typing
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Jesse,

I agree and also hope no one ever asks me that question!! LOL BTW, Jack has an extra bedroom with 2 beds......: )
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Speaking of wives and nucanoes, my wife was very concerned about me and my sense of balance going out alone on the river, even though I am a decent swimmer (and even better floater). Then one day we took the Nucanoe out and she paddled around in it herself, and she was very reassured. To me it is very much like a jon boat, only it paddles and maneuvers like a canoe. I call it my "old man canoe" because it is so stable you cannot turn it over. And I love that little cart attachment. So imagine a jon boat that you dont need a trailer (and taxes and tags), no motor (and no boat registration and heavy battery), and no storage issues (I keep it on its side in my garage). But I guess if I had to choose between the nucanoe and the wife, I would pick the wife, cause I could always store the nucanoe at my girlfriend's .....................
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

Okay, I've looked at these before. Being aged and somewhat rickety, how hard would it be to lift one of these puppies onto the rack on a Subie Forester? I have a kayak but with a bad right hip I've not tried to get into it. I fear I could get in, but getting out!! Meant to also ask, will this fit into Thule Kayak racks?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by melk; 11-28-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added question

I put mine in the back of my Ford Escape, and tie down the rear door. To mount it on top, which I have done, is a two man job INHO. The cart accesory makes it really EZ to load and unload in the cargo area. I took a tarp with me at first to minimize the mess, but the front of the nucanoe doesnt get dirty, it rides high. The cargo area of my Escape has one of those plastic mats, it sometimes gets a little sand/dirt on it, but I just pull it out and shake it off. I slide the bow right up between the two front seat backs, bunge cord it in, then tie down the rear door. I stick a red flag thru the hole in the stern, and I'm ready to go in a minute or two. I have had it on the interstate 70+ mph, no problems. I'm sure I use the Nucanoe more often because it is so easy to handle loading and unloading. As far as getting in and out of the Nucanoe itself, I step into it and sit in a boat seat I mounted on the swivel mount. To get out, I put both feet on one side, the Nucanoe tilts (but doesnt turn over), and I stand up. You get a little water inside sometimes but this doesnt bother anything.
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

+ Reply to Thread