+ Reply to Thread

Thread: not ff - technical problem

Hybrid View

Default not ff - technical problem

We just had our old computer upgraded to Windows 7 and a memory upgrade, and since we got it back we periodically have problems with pictures - top half will be OK, bottom half will have the image, but the color is bad. Or there will be a thin band across the field with top and bottom ok. Refresh doesn't help, any other ideas? Can't even think of what to google for in terms of finding the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    We just had our old computer upgraded to Windows 7 and a memory upgrade, and since we got it back we periodically have problems with pictures - top half will be OK, bottom half will have the image, but the color is bad. Or there will be a thin band across the field with top and bottom ok. Refresh doesn't help, any other ideas? Can't even think of what to google for in terms of finding the problem.
    My first thought would be the driver for your video card isn't correct, second, your video card isn't completely compatible with Win7 or is starting to fail. Win7 does push hardware a bit more. Try to determine what video card you have and look for a win7 driver from the manufacture.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Thanks, will look into the video card.

Blog Entries

Could possibly be that your pictures are too large and are trying to open

Seems to be happening too often to be something wrong with the pictures, and it doesn't happen all the time with the same picture.
    Last edited by herefishy; 11-20-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

One more thing I would suggest...go to www.speedtest.net and test your download and upload speed. I occassionally have that problem when my Internet connection slows down.

I'm with Kerry, sounds like a problem with the video card, either a driver problem or a new problem with the card itself. I've upgraded a couple of my computers to Win7 and while it generally goes smoothly, it's not uncommon for there to be a random problem with a driver for one component or another. Do you have some way of determining the original configuration of your computer? Many manufacturers offer a means on their web site to enter a service tag or other unique number from your computer, which then generates a list of all the components installed in your computer. From there you can research compatible drivers. If that doesn't make sense, PM me and I'll try to walk you through it.

If I remember correctly ....it makes a difference to drivers if you have the 32 or 64 bit Windows 7.

+ Reply to Thread