+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tis the season....

I started tyiing right after Labor day weekend. My wife had a family reunion in OK. We made our 'out of the way' jaunt to Bass Pro and I bought a beginners kit with a Lefty Kreigh DVD. Thought the DVD was good, but the vise in the kit is junk (Made in India). Lefty was not too technical and relieved a lot of fears right off the bat. Am writing a letter to BP about the vise though.

Being a Cardinal fan (lifelong), it was very difficult to dress hooks and keep one eye on the games. From Mid-August to the end of the World Series every day was "their last chance". It was fun to be a part of, but after the series was over I was honestly tired of baseball. But, when February rolls around I will be chompin' at the bit for more. I normally don't watch much, but listen as much as I can while gardening, mowing, driving etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    You can have the game on while you're tying. I've come to prefer leaving the sound very low, or muted altogether. Give it a try sometime and see if you don't enjoy the game more. That way you and your family/guests can discuss the game without interruption. Set up so that you can toggle back and forth between two games and you might be able to skip most of the commercials, too. (But doing that interferes with tying.)Ed
    Oh, I do that, I know if anything important happens there will be 6 replays with several close ups thrown in so us old guys can see what happened. Of course, the way things have gone lately I might turn over my chair and get my head caught under the desk.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Oh, I do that, I know if anything important happens there will be 6 replays with several close ups thrown in so us old guys can see what happened. Of course, the way things have gone lately I might turn over my chair and get my head caught under the desk.
    At least you should be able to breathe whilst under the desk. Don't go around scaring us. Darn. Keep that up and we never will show you that one, secret stream in Tennessee where there just might be some fish.

Ed

Small buggers. Blue gill can't leave them alone. I find a slow "finger-walk" retrieve gets them. An occasional twich and a pause can be deadly too.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread