I bought my first Hardy rod over 40 years ago, a 8 1/2 foot # 7 hardy Jet. I also bought a Marquis reel and an extra spool to go with it at that time. I fished trout and salmon with that outfit for over 15 years. In fact I hooked my first Atlantic salmon with it. Unfortunately. I accidentaly broke the rod and went many years without fishing a Hardy. Finally, after a few years had past, I bought another Hardy and I still fish with it using my original Marquis reel.

About three months ago, I decided to spoil myself and purchased a new Hardy Zenith, a 9 1/2 foot #7.I also purchased a new Hardy reel. I have always been a Hardy fan, but this rod surpasses any rod that I have ever fished with. Everything they claim in the Hardy site about this rod is true. Indeed, it is very light weight, yet it is strong. I hooked and landed a 15lbs fresh Atlantic salmon with it this fall and I tailed it in less than 10 minutes. I was amazed how quickly I was able to play this fish before releasing it. Anyone who has fished for Atlantics knows that it takes a strong rod to land a fish of that size without a net in that short a time.

This rod is a real pleasure to cast. It is very light weght, well balanced, yet has all kind of fighting power. I can tell you that the rod was almost bent in half when I brought my salmon in. If you're due for another rod and if you're willing to pay for a quality rod, I strongly suggest you look closely at the new Hardy Zenith before making you"re final decision.

( I just re-read this e-mail and I sound like a salesman working for Hardy lol. I am in no way connected with that company. I am simply a strong Hardy supporter...)