I took advantage of St Croix's "trade up" program, and traded in an Imperial 9' 5wt on a Legend Elite 9' 4wt. I have had a chance to fish it twice, and I really like this rod. I have casted a two nymph + indicator rig and a single soft hackle, it handled both beautifully with a GPX WF4F + mono furled leader (thanks Jack Hise). It is an extremely light rod, delicate in its feel. It is a real easy rod for me to cast and haul, and I am not the best caster. I brought a 16" bow to hand yesterday and the rod is a hoot to play a nice fish with. This rod has the new 3m "nano resin" blank design, similar to the Hardy Zenith and Loomis NRX technology, only $200-$300 cheaper. Anyone who is thinking of a new rod should cast this sweetie....

The trade up program, I thought, was a pretty good deal. I bought the Imperial on a trip to Wyoming instead of renting a rod (the cost was almost the same and plus I would have a travel rod to bring home). I paid $180 in '09 for the rod. I would occasionally see one on ebay go for $90. St Croix allowed me $170 on the trade. I sent my old rod with a personal check for the difference the gentleman at St Croix calculated for me, and I had the new rod in 10 days.

I am not affiliated with St Croix in any way, I just wanted to share my experience.