+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vetran's day weekend!

Hybrid View

Default Vetran's day weekend!

Hey everyone, with the long weekend just a few days away, What fishing have you planned?

No fishing, helping the brother-in-law with working the cows at the ranch on Sat. and doing some stuff at my parents house on Sunday. It is supposed to be a little snowy and windy this weekend, not to mention colder. maybe next month.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Blog Entries

I was thinking of napping a lot...

A STRONG WINTER STORM IS EXPECTED TO SWEEP ACROSS THE REGION SATURDAY BRINGING SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW TO MUCH OF THE AREA.THIS STORM MAY BE CAPABLE OF GENERATING UNUSUALLY STRONG WINDSACROSS THE NORTHERN COLORADO MOUNTAINS WHICH COULD BRING WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES. PERIODS OF SNOW WILL LIKELY CONTINUE THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEKEND RESULTING IN THE POSSIBILITY OF SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS IN THE MOUNTAINS AND PORTIONS OF NORTHWEST COLORADO.

SNOW ACCUMULATION...8 TO 16 INCHES OF NEW SNOW IS POSSIBLE BY MIDNIGHT SUNDAY WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ON EXPOSED WEST FACING RIDGES.

WINDS...SOUTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH SATURDAY MORNING...SHIFTING TO THE WEST AND INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 MPH WITH FREQUENT GUSTS TO 35 MPH OR MORE SATURDAY AFTERNOON INTO SUNDAY.

That being said, I am hitting a tailwater early in the morning to see how the trouting is at 20 degrees. Will post if I catch anything as long as my leg.
    Last edited by DG; 11-10-2011 at 10:06 PM.

No fishing this weekend. Starting today I will be helping my oldest son, a decorated Marine veteran of two tours in Iraq, move to a new apartment. This will be part of my thanks to him for all he has given to our country. To the rest of the veterans on this site my heartfelt thanks for your sacrifices and all you have done for our country. I don't know if I will help you move also but there is always the possibility.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I am heading to the Clark Fork this weekend. My boy lives there! There will be snow and cold, but I'm not going skiing. The water is down from the BIG

spring run-off they had and most of the banks by the river are high and dry. The only veteran I'm taking is me, (Korea). However, there are some in town

out of the VFW post that fish a lot and we just might hook up together.

GOD bless America

Crunchy

American flags line the main street coming into our little community of Tucson Meadows, and if I remember correctly also at the Park in our summer home of Livingston MT.
    Our thanks to all who are and who have served our country - there can never be enough 'thanks'. God be with you all.
    Hugs,
    LF

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    I was thinking of napping a lot...

That being said, I am hitting a tailwater early in the morning to see how the trouting is at 20 degrees. Will post if I catch anything as long as my leg.
    I was thinking of hitting it too, but decided against it.

Blog Entries

C'mon, Dub, Unc, Sunday morning at 0615, in the blizzard... *S*

I am lucky but having lived my entire life no further north than about 5 miles from the MS stateline I cannot abide cold weather, but since it is going to get up to about 65 deg. this afternoon and they are not scheduled to release water from the lake, I plan to get out and give it a try. I think my wife is recovered from her hip surgery to the point she would like me to be absent from the house a little while also. Home care nurse was not a career choice for good reason.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread