I have two round tubes and enjoy them very much. And yes they both have the rubber innertubes. I feel much safer in a rubber inner tube than a vinyl bladder as I've had two vinyl bladders leak on me from the seams and have never had a problem with a rubber innertube. Points made above though are true, very hard to reach you fins to tighten or loosen once in the water and I sure wouldn't want to flip over in one. Now with that said, I will be purchasing a couple of U shaped boats this year. For many of the reasons you've read above but mostly for entry and exit reasons. The shores at most of the lakes here are very soft with muddy bottoms (marsh like) and it is nearly impossible to enter or exit these lakes from any where other than a boat launch or a beach due to this soft bottom. This is not as much of a problem with an open front boat (still not fun but can at least it can be done). I've tested more than enough U shaped boats and decided on buying the Caddis Navigators. It's the most stable and easily controlable U shape I've tried with the least winddrift. The weight capsity is 350lbs wich gives it that little extra needed for your accesories and added equipment. I also enjoyed the Super Fat Cat but the Navigator won me over. I hope this helps a bit.

------------------
"Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish" ~ Mark Twain

Cheers,
Doc

<A HREF="http://mikemonteith.tripod.com" TARGET=_blank>
Fly Fishing Edmonton & Float Tube Adventures</A>

[This message has been edited by drteith (edited 04 February 2005).]