I tie on a Regal Medallion (it's the non-rotary) vise with the stainless steel jaws. I tie 1,000+ flies a year on it, ranging in sizes from #4 on the large end down to #26 on the small side. It handles all of those hook sizes quite well and without any adjustments needed. I tied on a Dyna-King Barracuda for years as well, but the angle of most rotary vises forces my hand into a painful position (I've got some nerve damage in my left hand). Truthfully, I've never really missed the rotary function but I know there are many others who love it and couldn't do without it - it's just a personal opinion. The Regal is a beautifully machined vise. With the stainless jaws I've never "shot a hook" (I have shot quite a few with the non-stainless jaws). With the Regal you are still able to rotate the fly to see it from other angles but it isn't "true" (inline) rotary. The angle of the vise head is adjustable, which I find to be a really nice feature as I'm able to position to angle to offer my left hand the ability to tie without any pain. I love the Regal and couldn't recommend it highly enough. If you have the opportunity though, I would strongly recommend that you try one at a local shop before buying. What works well for me might not work for you at all. For that matter, if you can, I would recommend trying out as many vises as possible even if all you discover is which ones you don't like. Good luck in your search.