I would start above the hole. I'd put on a wooly bugger, size and the color of the sculpin in the stream. I would cast down and across toward the bank but above the entry of the hole. Then I would mend so as to create slack so the fly will sink. Depending on the casting angle downstream and the current I was casting across, I would throw a slack line mend into the drift. If there is a slip of fast water that you are casting across, the mend would need an upstream component to prevent the faster current from dragging the fly toward the surface and across away from the bank toward the angler

When I judge the fly to be just at entry (lip) of the pool, I would throw a mend to the left (across toward the middle of the stream) to make the fly swim broadside away from the bank. This will present a broadside view of prey that is escaping away from a fish holding the lip.

I then repeat the procedure as I move downstream. This presents a broadside view of a escaping prey and because you work downstream from the opposite side of the stream, any downstream silt that is kicked up tends to stay on your side of the stream. Plus the fly is always presented from above the fish, so the fish is not spooked by a fly that lands right on top of it. This can happen when you don't know the location of the fish and you are fishing a streamer from above.