I meant to post this before now, but just been so darn busy trying to get things done and ready for Christmas that I haven't had much time to post much. But here we go...

Well first off let me say I HATE working with anything wood related. I was a welder for the better part of 20 yrs so if I can't weld it it has no business being in my shop lol. Now with that out of the way...

I'm sure most you guys have seen the classic Christmas movie with Chevy Chase "Lampoons Christmas Vacation". Well in that movie they have what is called and Advent Calendar which is the shape of a house and has all the windows that open up to count down to Christmas. Well my sister has always loved that Calendar so I decided to scratch build her one just for her. Took longer than I expected (about 20+ hours of work since everything is all hand build and painted). And actually cost a good bit of money if you can believe that. But I think she will be happy with it when I give it to her for Christmas.

Started out with this....

And ended up with this......

The main windows go up to December 23rd and there is room in the opening behind each day to put something like a Hershey kiss or something like that...Then I used double doors on the house for representing both Dec 24th & Dec25th....

Then when you open both doors I mounted a picture of my niece&Nephew on Santa's lap from back when they were little...

Steve