" One of the most beautiful scenes in nature (so I am told not having yet seen it) is the desert in bloom. "...."And probably not too honest either."

I migrated to Phoenix in 1991 and for years decided the natives here must be deeply deprived or totally nuts thinking the desert in bloom being a beautiful site.

Normally the quote "Desert in Bloom" consists of a few flowers here and there, but if you hit it right the flowers carpet the desert floor in a magnificent scene of magical colors with Saguaro and Ocotillo in the mix. It took close to 15 years before I actually witnessed it one year on the road up to Canyon Lake. I'll never forget the special gift I received being able to view such a spectacular scene.

It is a magnificent sight, but I find it extremely rare, I suspect it lasts only a day or two at best out of the year. And then only in specific locations. It is a special treat to run into the real thing. My main regret is I did not have my camera with me at the time I did actually see it.