+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Phone!!

Hybrid View

Angry The Phone!!

I have decided to go deeper into the wireless world and get rid or my landline phone. Most of my friends already call my cell so all I will miss is the countless politicians calling for my vote or my money! (While saving 30 bucks a month!!)
    If there is anyone out there that does not have my cell phone number send me a PM and I will pass it on to you.
    You'll have to bear with be for a while because I sometimes leave it behind or let the battery go dead!

Default You won't regret it Jack.

Chucked the landline phones over a year ago. Besides saving about $40.00 a month (and that didn't even include long distance service at the time) it lets us use the new home phone as an extra cell phone if we want to take it with us. Didn't realize we could take it out of the house when we first got it till my wife accidently put it in her purse and our son called us while we were at the local mall. One note though - you can't get away from those dreaded politicians calls and the like just because you have a home based cellphone with the home number on it. Keeping our home phone number was key to going with the new phone too. It's worked out great and that little bugger does everything that the old home phone did and much cheaper. We have plug in chargers for all the phones in case we're on the road so no problem there. Won't take long to get used to it - enjoy!

My problem with disconnecting is I'd have to lose my internet connection. What do we do about that?
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Well, land line is for work to call, they don't have my cell #, and have an 800 # incase the kids need to call and don't have cell service. The internet is thru the cable tv and is pretty darn fast for what I do on the puter. The wife and I don't watch enough tv to go with a dish service, and we get really great service with the local cable company.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnarocks View Post
    My problem with disconnecting is I'd have to lose my internet connection. What do we do about that?
    In the same boat as you Jim, oh well!!

Best regards, One ringy dingy Dave.

How do you receive your TV signal mine in along with my internet and phone, but I can terminate any one and keep the others.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse,

In answer to your question - I am going to assume they have a Dial-Up internet connection.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    I am going to assume they have a Dial-Up internet connection.
    Careful with that assume word, but if that's the case, "God bless them." I have been blessed to have some version of "high speed" DSL or better for a long time. I would probably be better rested if I had dial up because I'm sure I would doze off during connections.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I would think there would be a number of other options available to you, such as through your cell phone or perhaps a cable TV provider, for example.

I'm on my second year without a land line. I'm with Verizon and have a second line which is a modem pluged into my usb port. I can take my laptop anywhere there is phone service. Like on a fishing trip.
    There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.
    R.Y.

+ Reply to Thread