Woke up this morning thinking it would be a good day. Even drove the wife to work so I could use the rig for a trip South to Whittier to winterize a little boat we use fairly regularly and whose owners I have been teaching seamanship and boat driving for the last coupe years.

My 17-year-old son uses the our S-10 P/U to go to school and my full-size van sits in Kodiak idly waiting for me to come back. So we have the cylinders, far more than most families, just have them misplaced... Or so some would think...

Anyway, once in Whittier I got out of the rig, a monster V-10 powered Ford Excursion (out of my way you little Subaru!) getting about 10 gallons to the mile, I took a few steps and found black ice hidden under about 2" of puffy white stuff. I went down hard on my right side, remembering clearly the "tuck that right arm in close before contact" thought running through my mind. It likely helped as I am not a little guy at 6'4" and 240# and I hit hard! At this point I am pretty sure I broke a floater. With a number of broken rib incidents behind me I think I have a pretty good idea exactly what they feel like and that is what it feels like now...

Oh, that little divorce thing? The server almost had it right. He got the wrong name and the wrong address, but it was the right neighborhood! In the Majors batting .333 would be remarkable!

I still hurt, but at least it is a hurt I can deal with!
art