Score your roast. Rub with oil and massage in spices.
- 5/6 pound pork shoulder or butt roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons caraways seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup flaked carrots
- 2 cups light beer
Let sit in refrigerator for 4 hours.
Finished photo on plate tomorrow night.
- Place in crock pot on low
- surround with onions. Pour beer into pan, and cover.
- add additional liquid if pan runs dry. Roast until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees, approximately 9 hours.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a
precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think,
to enjoy, to love.
- Marcus Aurelius