Thread: Little Red river 'locals'

Threaded View

Default Little Red river 'locals'

Been fishing the Little Red for a number of years now. I have seen and heard some pretty rude things from these people but this takes the prize. Two new fly fishers were near us and asked a fella how the fishing was. The guy they asked was a local and the guy told them "Well it was good until just 2 weeks ago. You just missed the best fishing of the year. Nothing much from here on out". This is was obviously a lie, intended to give out misinformation, as the best fishing is to come in the next month there. We pulled the guys aside and explained things to them. I guess the locals(retirees in this case) don't rely on tourism $$. I've heard more. I been scolded by these people before (for nothing) and just wanting to say this.............S T O P I T!! Sick of the B.S. and the attitudes of these people. You don't own the river. The next time I hear something like this, you will get an earful and possibly a facefull!!
    I will say this however, the REAL locals are as nice as can be. Great people that realize the impact tourism has on their lives.
    The Exxon station near the entrance to Cow Shoals has the nicest staff. They are there VERY early every morning to help us. Always good stuff there to eat and to pack for lunch and even some nice flies. The restaurant workers are great and always glad to see you.
    These retirees that have made a fortune and bought up most of the land near the river, all I have to say is.....don't push people around. You are rude and total pains in the xxx! YOU MAY OWN THE LAND, BUT YOU DON'T OWN THE RIVER! This goes for some guides also.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 10-31-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.