Thread: Too much familiarity

Threaded View

Default Too much familiarity

The WAY too familiar cally-pidler ...

Thursday afternoon, while fishing, I noticed a pretty little fuzzy tan, caterpillar, with a kewl red head, marching up my arm. I ooh'd about it and even showed Cary. General consensus ... pretty nifty, now go away. Brushed it off and continued fishing.

Little bit later, son of a gun if there's not another one calmly climbing my leg! Been there, done that, brushed it off.

A few more casts, and ... something on my neck! Acckkk! ANOTHER ONE! Went to brush it off ... and right down the front of my shirt he goes! Did you know that pretty, soft fuzzy cally-pidlers have very sharp pointy TOES??!! A "fact" I learned as he ran across my chest, with me jumping around, tearing my MayPac /net off, followed quickly by my sweatshirt ... and would have been followed by my shirt ... had the little bugger not finally dropped off with my frantic whacking!

So much for my eloquent, glamorous, fly fisher persona!

I have come to realize that I like caterpillars ... from a distance. I like mice, and will share my fishing rock with snakes, but please, don't ask me to share my shirt with calli-pidlers!
    Last edited by Betty Hiner; 10-31-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.