+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lady Liberty

Default Lady Liberty

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/statueofliberty/

T
    his is so cool, one day I will pay her a visit...

Be safe..
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

It is an impressive statue up close...
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Today is her 125th birthday. They are closing her down for about a year and installing web cams all the way around her torch. What a view that will be. Happy Birthday Lady Liberty.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/statueofliberty/

T
    his is so cool, one day I will pay her a visit...

Be safe..
    Steve,
    She is indeed a special lady & a MUST visit. If you decide to drive when you go, you had BETTER let me know & allow us to host you along the way and/or along your return.
    A little side note....our youngest, now 27 year old Maggie, WALKED EVERY STEP to the top when she was just 3 years old!! I was SOOOO proud of her accomplishment while listening to comments of others who watched her do it.
    Lady Liberty was, and always will be, my absolute favorite stop in New York.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Thanks Mike , I will and Joe I think that link is the new web cams in action...

Quick side note, all my life one dream I have had over and over very vivid is going to NYC and visiting the lady liberty.. since I was quite young, I suppose we all
    have dreams that play over and over, I know it is meant to happen... one day!

but those cameras are so cool! I down loaded the Ellis island pic, we really should put that Island back in service, upgraded and full of pride, of course...

Just dreaming a bit here....

Thanks Steve. Boy the new Freedom Tower is coming along nicely. Still tough not seeing the WTC Twin Towers in that shot.

A little family history too. My grandpa Bridges died when my dad was about 5 years old in 1936. Sometime later grandma got married again to a man that I would always know as grandpa. His name was Anthony Zicardi. He was born in a U.S. citizen in 1904, first generation Sicilian-American as my great grandparents came through Ellis Island. I miss my grandparents terribly. Perhaps someday I will go to the Island and see some of my family history.

Hey Steve if you are driving through you won't be so far from me either. Perhaps we can hook up even if only for a meal and a talk.

Thanks for this wonderful post.

P.S. I have an Army buddy somewhere in Queens that I haven't talked to in years. He worked for the Port Authority and was in the south building during the attack. Took a lot of trying nd fearful tears to find out he made it out alright.

+ Reply to Thread