I recently came up with a new (for me at least) way to rig for nymphing and was wanting to do some rudimentary testing of the knots I'm using, which are also a little out of the ordinary. I know I've read posts here in the past where others have conducted their own tests of knot strength and was wondering if anyone could pass on some instructions as to how to do that. I'm not looking to construct any NASA-grade system here - my wife already thinks I'm enough of a geek when it comes to this stuff - but would like to come up with something that gives me an idea of strength relative to my "normal" rigging. I've thought about constructing two rigs, one as I've always done and one the new way, attaching the hooks to something fixed and the butt end of the leader to a scale of some sort, then lifting each one gradually and seeing whick breaks at the lighter weight. I guess I could go about it the opposite way too, fixing the butt end to something and gradually adding weight to the hook end of each rig. In either case, I'm also mindful of the fact that neither approach really measures the impact of a sudden increase in tension, as with a hookset. So for those of you that have some experience with this, what have you found to be effective? Thanks in advance for any help.