I got a phone call this morning that started out " Grampa? I was in a wreck. I got 13 stitches in my arm and a neck brace. They gave me a shot of morphine. I ran into a diplomat and he wants to press charges. Here, talk to my lawyer."
Lawyer gets on phone. "Your grandson is in a lot of trouble. Because he was speeding and not wearing a seat belt and ran into a person with diplomatic immunity BLAH BLAH BLAH." Long story short. They wanted me to send $1970.00 by western union to his name in Madrid, Spain.
I called my wife, who called our son-in-law who put our grandson on the phone. He has been home the last two days and doesn't know a diplomat nor a lawyer.

We went to the police station to report it and was told the call probably came from Canada or another country outside of the USA. The policeman taking the report said his parents received a similar call and fell for it.

I just want you to know that there are scammers out there who play on us old folks. If you send the money you will never get it back. Thank God I had my wife call the kids. Check it out instead of paying out. Jim