+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "?"

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default "?"

"?"

There is nothing in my prior experience as a fly fisher which prepared me for the situation I now find myself in. Although I suspect the sentence I just wrote doesn't fall into proper English, something about prepositional phrases maybe. At any rate, we are packing up and getting everything in order to make the trip back to Tucson Arizona for the winter.

The rule as expressed by Winston Churchiil:"Dangling prepositions is practice up with which we cannot put."

Accept four tha furst sentents, LadyFisher, ewe dun gud.
    Bear742

Which reminds me of the story about a well to do couple in New York flying to Florida for the winter and their plane stopped over in Nashville to let some off and take on more. The lady had the window seat and her husband had the center seat. In Nashville there was a lady, who also was going to Florida, and her seat was the aisle seat next to the gentleman. After settling in and the plane took off, the lady from Nashville leaned over and said to the lady from New York, "Where you all from?" The New York lady looked at her and said, "Where we come from we do not leave dangling prepositions hanging on the ends of our sentences!" Well the lady from Nashville sat there for awhile and then leaned over and said, "Where you all from, B***h!!"
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I think you are pulling my leg, but "There is nothing in my prior experience as a fly fisher which prepared me for the situation in which I now find myself."
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

+ Reply to Thread