+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Mothers Day

Default Happy Mothers Day

Just wanted to take a minute and say happy mothers day to all the mothers here

I would also like to wish all of the Mothers, Grandmothers and Wives, a very happy Mothers Day. You are all appreciated. John

------------------
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

[This message has been edited by bassman (edited 14 May 2006).]
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

To all the mom's on FAOL. "Carpe Diem" Jonezee

The best in health and happiness to all Mothers and Grandmothers on this special day.

Your love and caring goes along way

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Happy Mom Day to other mothers out there.

Today was a great day for me. The boys let me sleep in (rare treat on weekends), and when asked what I wanted to do, I promptly replied, "Go fishing, of course." They were totally surprised because their friends were given suggestions of making their mom breakfast, going out to brunch, going to church, etc. Nahhhh, for me--I'd rather be testing out the new dragonflies I tied last winter.

DH knew this well in advance and had the Jeep already packed with his waders, new float, the rods, and vests. He also said there must have been quite a few envious fathers out there as they drove by. (We opted for a local pond with trout and billgills instead of driving up to the lakes.)

We didn't keep anything, but we had fun. Tonight is grilled steak and a good bottle of merlot. What a nice day...

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely ladies with extra special wishes for LadyFisher!
    GOD Bless!
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Diane, what a pleasant post. Look forward to meeting you this fall in Idaho.

------------------
    "How long does it take to learn fly-fishing?
    No one knows."
    Grand poo-bah

JC, I agree. DianeID, very nice post. We also look forward to meeting you in Lowell this fall.

VEE and I just came back from the river from some casting practice. By Jove, she's getting that double haul down! She's gonna be dangerous on the river in short order.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

JC, Ron,
    I truly wish we could meet all of you at Lowell, but the timing just isn't going to work out. DH works for a major university, and middle of Aug to end of Sep there are no vacations, no away trips for seminars or schools. Everyone is at work. It's just too critical of a time for incoming students and ironing out the kinks that happen every year during the start of a new school year. Plus, our own kids will be in school, and if we opt to take them on vacations or working-vacations, it leans toward the middle or end of the school year, not the beginning. I'm not sure I could get off of work during that time because the end of the month tends to be busier with shipments for the upcoming month.

Now then, if the Idaho Fish-In was at the end of in July---that wouldn't be a problem. Matter of fact, we can do the 2007 Idaho/Oregon Fish-In up at Owyhee right below the dam. The fishing is great then, and we can grab the Idahoans and West Oregonians at the same time. South Fork in Idaho is good in July, too. Plenty of fun and some good dinner fish, too.

Just a thought....

+ Reply to Thread