+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Donate to soldiers in the middle east

Hybrid View

Default Donate to soldiers in the middle east

Hello, my name is Phil Bonnel and I am currently deployed to the Middle East. I am going to be giving a fly tying class to about 6 other soldiers but I anticipate more becoming interested once we get started. If you have an old vise or tools that still function or any odds and ends materials that you would like to donate please contact me at philbonnel@gmail.com. I have my vise and one of my old ones and I have some materials that I am allowing them to use. I am not charging anything for the class or my materials. If you email me, I will provide you an APO address. There is no international charges to mail anything because the military gets the package before it leaves the states. It generally costs around $12 to mail a box.

Thanks for reading and God Bless.
    Phil Bonnel
    Last edited by fishing-phil; 10-21-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Hi Phil,

How about posting your military designated address, including the APO. I'm sure several or more, myself included, would be willing to send you some stuff.

Allan

Thank you, Allan for bringing up a good point. Thank you very much for your intrest to helping us out.

You'll have to pardon my skepticism. It's especially questionable when a request comes from someone who just became a site member. Over the years there's been a few scams here about fly tying or equipment needs and I fell for one of them. So, if you want any support, you'll have to provide a lot more information that gives us a better feeling that this is not just another attempt at getting something for nothing. Oh, and by the way, there are some of us here who have served or who have friends and family serving over there. My son is there now. Finally, this does sound like an excellent idea and when you provide more info that makes me feel comfortable, I'll get a package out to you. Others here may too. Thank you for helping your fellow soldiers and thank you for your service.

Allan

Phil,
    I think more than one of us ... OK, a whole bunch of us ... have been snookered at one time or another with our enthusiasm for our sports (fishing and tying).Please give us more information. Know you're from Missouri ... where? You ever fish the State Parks? (may know some of the same people) Where are you stationed? (again, may know some of the same people ... lots of family and friends stationed overseas right now). How much longer will you be there? What materials do you want/need? What will you be fishing for? We always stand ready to help out fellow fishermen/women, but hate when phishermen/women try to take advantage of our sincerity.
    Betty/KC area
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Phil,
    I think more than one of us ... OK, a whole bunch of us ... have been snookered at one time or another with our enthusiasm for our sports (fishing and tying).Please give us more information. Know you're from Missouri ... where? You ever fish the State Parks? (may know some of the same people) Where are you stationed? (again, may know some of the same people ... lots of family and friends stationed overseas right now). How much longer will you be there? What materials do you want/need? What will you be fishing for? We always stand ready to help out fellow fishermen/women, but hate when phishermen/women try to take advantage of our sincerity.
    Betty/KC area
    Betty those are excellent questions. The only one he won't/can't answer is where he is stationed. Just saying from experience.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

+ Reply to Thread