I happened to be fishing at a lake, in my kick boat, far away from the only camp at a group outing. Around the bend where no one could see. Anywhooooo.....a big 6' 3" plus fellow....a doctor...weighing about 280 was fishing with a man who probably weighed 165. The doc was standing up in the 14-16' v-hull aluminum boat at the rear and they were anchored..fishing toward shore. The doc fell down at the back of the boat "in" the left side. The other fellow was at the hull. Yes, I know the big fellow should not have been standing with his size. Anyway the doc was trying to get him to come to the middle of the boat and counter balance. I saw the other fellow DIVE into the water and swim straight to shore....the boat capsized with the heavy doc at the other end on the other side. I kicked over there immediately even though I thought no big deal...the doc was holding on to the upside down boat but it was floating nicely. I asked how can I help you and he lowly voiced please get me to shore. I think he couldn't swim and was going into shock. I just said grab my boat and I rowed forward to shore. He didn't help by kicking. Boy did I have to huff and puff to get him there. Others showed up and pulled up the anchor and pushed the boat toward shore. I got the anchor and placed it around a tree. I told the two wet men to get in the other mans boat and get to camp. Later I was told the doc had a sheer look of panic as I pulled him to shore. Yeah......I was the hero but that is not the point. I think the OTHER fellow panicked and caused the whole thing. Then all he did was whine about how good a rod and reel and vest and all his gear he lost. As I thought about it I thought it was odd he just swam to shore! He didn't even look back to see how his fishing buddy was doing! Heck I would have not left the scene and looked for the doc if it had been me. Anyway......all turned out luckily well. They went to camp and left. Never saw them again. But I have absoultely no respect for the guy that bailed and went to shore. Be very careful who you boat with.

Gem