+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Midwest Winter Awful This Winter Predicted

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Midwest Winter Awful This Winter Predicted

Snowfall is predicted to be above normal from Minnesota and Iowa into Michigan, Ohio and parts of West Virginia and Kentucky. Above-normal snowfall is also likely in areas farther east into Pennsylvania and New York due to a lake-effect snow season.
    This buildup of snow cover across the Midwest and Great Lakes could act to prolong the colder-than-normal weather beyond February and into early spring.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...for-the-mi.asp
    When you arise in the morning, think of what a
    precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think,
    to enjoy, to love.
    - Marcus Aurelius

You have described perfectly why I never desired to live north of Memphis, okay for a really good job I would have gone to Nashville.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

As long as you guys get it and not where I live. We had almost 30 inches on the ground at one time at my house last year. This is not suppose to happen to someone that lives within a stone's throw of the Salish Sea.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Bring it all on! Doesn't bother me a bit! There is a reason I left the south and won't live south of the Mason-Dixon line. I like cold and snow no matter how much it makes me hurt! Give me a real change of seasons any day.

Thank God for people like you Eric. I started out on a small farm in Mississippi before anyone had air conditioning and worked my way through 3 years of college doing road construction in south Louisiana. I go way beyond prespire, sweat like a pig, I scare Arrid to death, but I try my best to never complain about the heat. In the winter I am miserable from dry skin, we get so little frozen precip down here no one is adequately prepared for it. The last frozen event of consequence was 1993, which make the ATL area way overdue, it just doesn't make sense to maintain snow and ice removal equipment with that kind of frequency. Back in MS it is pretty flat but north GA has hills and all of these folks who think they know how to drive in the snow.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Hope we get our share (or a little more) out here again this year. Say what you will about over-precip...IMHO drought sucks more
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Eric,

We have seasons and we almost always have some snow in the winter time but it is not right when we get 3 feet of snow! 3 feet of rain yes, but not snow.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Now Kerry and Uncle Jesse you guys know I am pulling your leg a bit.

You folks know I have seen a lot of the CONUS and I loved it all. I love the snow and the heat. I do prefer the fall colors in the mid-Atlantic/north east though. If that prediction holds true it looks like our flintlock deer season could be a tough one to hunt. It starts right after Christmas. Could also clobber our winter trout seasons.

In the end what can we do about it? We can thank God that man is not intelligent enough to control the weather yet. What an awful weapon that would make. Somethings need to be left to nature so we just learn to endure.

+ Reply to Thread