UJ: I am affraid I do not know those guys but thanks very much for the picture. I would really love for my son to meet Barry: hard nosed runner who would make you look very silly grasping for air as he simply drifts on by. I think Barry loved every monement on the field: just did not act like a fool while doing it

I have been lucky enough to coach at several levels down to where my son is now at the 5th grade. The core message is always the same though: play the game the right way.

This reminds me of fly fishing too: there are guys who fly fish then there are guys who love fly fishing: They delight in the fish, the stream, the patterns, the ebb and flow of the stream; all that fly fishing represents. For newer fly fishermen like myself, it can be a bit intimidating but exciting at the same time. You never hear brovodo in the voices of those who truely love fly fishing when asked how they did. They have caught good fish before even on really tough days. Like Barry, the slip that great fish back in the water and jog back to their figurative huddle knowing they will catch another great fish.

For my son, fishing can wait; its football season and I love that energy and dedication. I have to admit that there is a selfish side though that can not wait for the day when he says " the game can wait, go grab your rod and lets go out"

As for the Lions fans poping up: everyone loves a winner so I have no troubles with a band wagon fan as it means that the Lions are finally doing well. Some guys will hate me for saying that but that is their troubles not mine.

QUOTE=Uncle Jesse;432841]Jim, You and I keep score differently. I count flies lost agains fish caught. I was taught and believe you have to put a fly where there is a chance of losing it to catch fish.

Briney Dave there are more people in Georgia pulling for the Lion this year than ever. I'm not sure why. You may know the players here, I'm not sure of the year. The coach with the long sideburns is Jim Carr, a friend of mine who was an assistant with a number of different NFL teams. He's about 75 yrs. now and living in Indianapolis with his wife Lila to be close to their daughter and grandchildren. He coached def. backs and was Dion Sanders' first pro coach.
Attachment 9297[/QUOTE]