+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morrish Mouse

Size 2 and 4 streamer. Browns and Cutthroats

@FishinDave

I fished the MM in northern Ontario during the middle of the day and caught lots of fish with it like the one pictured. Even caught them on big bass poppers.

Willy Self of Bozeman MT has a new "MnTucky" fishing video out. Saw it yesterday. It's Willie and two "proteges" fishing Willie's mouse in broad daylight in high brown water on the Madison early this summer. They were banging the banks and skating/jiggling those mice out 2-3' -- and then they'd cast again. And they absolutely murdered the fish. Can't doubt the video. Well. Willie did say the video was collected over a 3 day period. But there was no shortage of bent rods, netted big boys and rebel yells. Willie's mouse is remarkably similar to yours.

The camera was trained on a skating mouse right next to the boat at one point. They just wanted the visual. The cameraman turned the video off and at just that moment a brown trout slammed the mouse 36" away from the edge of the boat. The sound was still on. So you don't see the hit but you can hear everybody yeeeehollering. Fun video. Fun way to fish.
    Last edited by pittendrigh; 10-21-2011 at 07:14 PM.

A quick search didn't locate that video, but I'd like to see it. Can you provide a link to it, please?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

You know it will likely not be available before next season--now that I think about it. They made it this year and Willy got the first DVD in the mail yesterday. They haven't even started to market it yet. It will be around. Good vid. Cool guy. It has a name I can't remember now. The name is a pun on rat somehow. Like ratatooey or something. But that's not it. I'll find out from Willie.....what the name of the vid is and when it will be available.
    I'll post it here when it's ready to go.
    Last edited by pittendrigh; 10-21-2011 at 09:46 PM.

This video will definitely make you want to go to NZ and carry some mice patterns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyRPa...eature=related
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

I was fishing during a blizzard PMD hatch on a river in northern California, with fish rising everywhere, but so many naturals I couldn't pick mine out of the mass. Just for kicks, I tied on a spun deer hair mouse I had bought many years earlier. I tossed it up into a current seam, and it dead drifted down right in front of me, where a 6# steelhead swam up and ate it like it was a mayfly. You never know.

+ Reply to Thread