I have been going though a couple of boxes of fly fishing mags from the early 80's given to me by a friend. I have learned about the new tying products (cdc and foam). and seen the latest and greatest in vices. (HMH and Regal) I have seen some good patterns and learned that for the most part this hobby hasn't changed much in the last 30 years. A few new products, A few companies out of business, but for the most part it involves putting something that looks like food in front of a fish. I have even read articles on how were making this hobby to difficult. (OK not much has changed in the last 30 years)

I have noticed that when comparing prices were doing pretty well the basic cost of fly fishing isn't that much different than it was 30 years ago and when you account for inflation makes it a bargain.

I am keeping some of the mags and giving most to the local library to give away.

If you have a need for a particular magazine from the early 80s pm me I might be able to supply it for the cost of shipping.

Eric