+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New bulletin board software - default display mode

Default New bulletin board software - default display mode

I'm sure this topic was covered some time ago, but I thought I noticed a change briefly after the last software upgrade and it now seems to have disappeared. The vast majority of the time, I check in on the board without being logged on. For a variety of technological and security reasons that I'm not looking to debate here, I choose not to have login information saved on my computer (the "remember me" option offered on many sites) and I routinely delete cookies and other temporary Internet files. When the board was first migrated to the current software, I think we established that there was no way to change the default display mode when you check in on a thread without being logged on. You get to see the initial post only, unless you click on the "Display" drop down and choose another option, with my preference being linear mode. In any event, if I'm not mistaken, for the first few days after the last update, when I looked in on the board, it displayed the thread in linear mode even though I wasn't logged on! Now for the last couple days, it's back to the old behavior where I have to override the default display mode to get to the linear (or hybrid or any other) that I prefer.

Not a big deal of course and not meant as a complaint by any means, but I am wondering if I was dreaming it or not, and regardless, am wondering if there are any plans to default to one of the modes where replies are shown. Thanks.

Wow John,
    You speak Greek so well ( I think)

Mark

Blog Entries

after moving the bb I did 2 upgrades of the DB.
    Some things changed with the new release.
    Most for the better.
    A couple drive me nuts.
    Let me work through some other annoyances, and we can look at this too.

Thanks rtdd. Like I said, please don't interpret the comment in any way as a complaint. I'm very appreciative of everything you guys do to keep this up and running and am especially sympathetic to the unforeseen hassles that often pop up after installing new software or updates. While it's a minor inconvenience at worst when it's not that way, I had always thought it would be nice if the default mode (even when not logged in) was linear or hybrid, and I got excited when it appeared to be the case with this latest update. No biggie either way, and thanks again for all the hard work.

+ Reply to Thread