Oldfrat,
I too am concerned about warranty abuse and how it mayaffect rod prices. But, keep in mind that this warranty allowed my 3 sons and Ito fish with quality equipment without the worry that if we break a rod it wecould not afford to fix or replace the rod. We started fly fishing 12 years ago….4 novices each with one rod. We have no fly fishing tradition so thelearning curving on rod care is continuing. Meanwhile I have now 4 nephews, 2brothers, and my father who now fly fish. We have 18 TFO rods between all of us and the warranty is a big reasonfor the choice. I am a teacher and Iwould not have been able to continue in the sport if I would have to replace mykids rods (and mine) full price when they broke. Even a $25 warrantee fee istight on our budget. It is getting better as the kids are getting older. I hope TFO is still making money even withtheir generous warrantee. I contend that without the warrantee where would be11 less fly fishermen (3 sons, 4 nephews, 2 brothers, 1 father, and myself)buying fly fishing equipment. I wish youwell and that you continue to never experience that upset gut feeling when youhear the crunch of a broken fly rod.
caribe